December 6th, 2018
As of December 6th there is 14 inches of powder snow at the BPRA parking area.
The following Trails have been cleared this fall:
- Trail 2, URSA MAJOR, from the Trail Head in the parking area to Trail Junction C
- Trail 3, URSA MINOR, from Trail Junction C to the Gordon Keir Cabin
- Trail 3A, Glen’s Trail, from Volovsek Road to the Trail Head (for safe use, this Trail should be accessed only from Volovsek Road)
December 30th, 2017
As of December 30th there is 40 inches of powder snow at BPRA
The BIG NEWS is all of the Trail Maintenance that was completed in September.
The following trails have been cleared and widened:
- Trail 2, URSA MAJOR, from Trail Head A in the parking lot to Trail Junction C
- Trail 2, URSA MAJOR, from Trail Junction C to the Iron Creek Rd. Junction with Trail 1, Orion.
- Trail 3, URSA MINOR, from Trail Junction C to the Trail Head of Trail 4, CASSIOPEIA
- Trail 4, CASSIOPEIA, to Trail 1, ORION
Life time membership in the Friends of Bonanza Pass Recreation Area is only FIVE DOLLARS! To become a member contact Paul Beattie or Walter Volovsek .
Feb 11, 2017
THE FOLLOWING TRAILS ARE FOR THE TIME BEING “NOT”ADEQUATELY BRUSHED OUT AND MARKED FOR SAFE SKIING:
- URSA MINOR (Trail 3) BETWEEN THE TRAIL JUNCTION (point C on map) AND ITS JUNCTION WITH TRAIL 3A,
- GEMINI (Trail 5) TO ORION LOOP (Trail 1)
- MOST OF CEPHEUS (Trail 7)
- THE UPPER PART OF PLEIADES (Trail 6)
- THE STRETCH OF ORION (Trail 1) ALONG ALBION PASS TO THE MINE (point F on the map)
- AURIGA (Trail 9).
Thank you for your cooperation: Friends of the Bonanza Pass Recreation Area