December 30th, 2017
As of December 30th there is 40 inches of powder snow at BPRA
The BIG NEWS is all of the Trail Maintenance that was completed in September.
The following trails have been cleared and widened:
- Trail 2, URSA MAJOR, from Trail Head A in the parking lot to Trail Junction C
- Trail 2, URSA MAJOR, from Trail Junction C to the Iron Creek Rd. Junction with Trail 1, Orion.
- Trail 3, URSA MINOR, from Trail Junction C to the Trail Head of Trail 4, CASSIOPEIA
- Trail 4, CASSIOPEIA, to Trail 1, ORION
Life time membership in the Friends of Bonanza Pass Recreation Area is only FIVE DOLLARS! To become a member contact Paul Beattie or Walter Volovsek .
Feb 11, 2017
THE FOLLOWING TRAILS ARE FOR THE TIME BEING “NOT”ADEQUATELY BRUSHED OUT AND MARKED FOR SAFE SKIING:
- URSA MINOR (Trail 3) BETWEEN THE TRAIL JUNCTION (point C on map) AND ITS JUNCTION WITH TRAIL 3A,
- GEMINI (Trail 5) TO ORION LOOP (Trail 1)
- MOST OF CEPHEUS (Trail 7)
- THE UPPER PART OF PLEIADES (Trail 6)
- THE STRETCH OF ORION (Trail 1) ALONG ALBION PASS TO THE MINE (point F on the map)
- AURIGA (Trail 9).
Thank you for your cooperation: Friends of the Bonanza Pass Recreation Area